Most people think of hearing loss as something that they only have to worry about when they get older. After all, hearing loss is an “old persons” problem, right?
Well, unfortunately, not so much. As a matter of fact, younger people are the fastest growing segment of the population suffering from hearing loss. About a quarter of all people with hearing loss are under the age of 45.
One of the biggest reasons for this disturbing trend is the fact that so many people are plugged in with earbuds or headphones and often listen to music at much too high of a volume for long periods of time.
While it’s true that hearing loss can sneak up on you, there are things you should watch out for and pay attention to.
Even people with good hearing can sometimes have these issues, but if these things happen frequently, you may want to get your hearing checked:
1. When you are out with a group, do you have a hard time following the conversation?
2. Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves frequently?
3. Does it seem like people are always mumbling?
4. Are you getting complaints from your spouse or friends that you have the t.v. turned up too loudly?
5. Do you find it harder to follow higher pitched voices such as women or children?
The bottom line is this: you are never too young to start checking and taking care of your hearing. After all, it’s not true that hearing loss is an “old persons” problem, it can be a problem for any age.
Looking for some advice or help? Call me today if you have any questions about your hearing health.I can help!
Call Us Today on 0141 345 2036.